A new report by DappRadar shows that interest in NFTs has come mainly from the United States and Indonesia, and that Russia and India have a presence in the market as well.
- DappRadar, an NFT and decentralized finance and decentralized app store and a data provider, revealed this month in its user behavior report that 85% of its DeFi users had also interacted with NFTs, reflecting a new wave of interest and adoption.
- DappRadar, analyzing its 500,000 users in the period between July 1 and August 7, said in the report that those from the U.S. appeared to be most interested in NFT collectibles and marketplaces.
- “The U.S. is also traditionally amongst the top markets for any type of collectibles, from rare toys to sports memorabilia. There is no surprise in seeing them replicate the interest in the digital space,” the report said, adding that in Asia, Indonesia stood out, followed by India.
- “We can conclude that the NFT hype is real. It has become probable that more experienced blockchain people such as DeFi users, will realize the full potential of NFTs and their multiple applications,” the company said in the report. “With new collections coming out daily, and record volumes being invested into the NFT space, there is no doubt that the space entails a huge upside in the mid term.”
- Data from DappRadar show that about 1.35 million transactions have been made using OpenSea’s smart contracts over the past 30 days, representing an increase of 179.9% in transactions above the previous 30-day period.