Shiba Inu (SHIB) developers announced they will be releasing plots of land in an upcoming metaverse — codenamed Shiberse.
- The “Shiba Lands” would be available through the native token of the ecosystem LEASH and the developers said they were working on a queue system based on LEASH holdings to prevent bots from pumping the market.
- Shiba Inu took off in popularity as an alternative memecoin to the likes of Dogecoin last year, but has recently ramped up gaming and metaverse related projects to build utility for its memecoin project.
- The metaverse is a loosely defined term referring to an immersive digital world where people are able to interact using avatars.
- The announcement caused the price of LEASH to rise as much as 66% overnight Wednesday Asia time.
- SHIB was trading at US$0.00003302 at press time.