The Helium Network, a decentralized wireless network, announced a model expansion on Saturday to address the demand for unlimited wireless protocols.
See related article: Fantom releases upgrades to enhance speed, scalability, and decentralization
- The Helium Network, which rewards crypto to users for deploying hotspots and providing network coverage, has launched over 848,000 hotspots in 176 countries.
- The expansion includes a new token launch, MOBILE, to reward Hotspot owners for providing 5G coverage, the Helium Network said in a statement.
- As the number of networks increase, each network protocol will have its own token and governance backed by Helium’s native token HNT.
- The tokens can be redeemed for HNT, according to the Helium Network.
- The expansion was announced after 96.9% of the community voted in support of proposal HIP 51, which focuses on increasing utility for the network.
See related article: Circle’s head of policy calls CBDCs a ‘Preposterous Idea’: Consensus