Approximately 7,767 wallets have been affected in the Solana exploit as of 1 p.m. Hong Kong time. Solana-based wallets Slope and Phantom are on the list, Solana said.
See related article: Cardano users said to be indirectly affected by Nomad’s US$200 mln exploit
- Solana said the exploit affects mobile and explorer extensions, but there is no sign of hardware wallets being affected. Solana said it is still investigating with its engineers and security firms.
- Crypto security firm PeckShield said the hack has resulted in an estimated US$8 million loss at noon Hong Kong time.
- Solana-based crypto wallet Phantom said at 8:32 a.m. Hong Kong time that it’s not a Phantom-specific issue, saying the project is “evaluating the incident affecting Solana wallet and are working closely with other teams in the ecosystem to find out the truth.”
- Slope said at 10:48 a.m. Hong Kong time that it was still “war-rooming” on the exploit, and no major breakthroughs yet.
- Crypto security firm OtterSec said transactions from these stolen wallets were signed by the actual owners, indicating a private key leak, and the exploit could also affect ETH users.
- At 3:15 HKT, SOL was down 4.5% in the past 24 hours to US$38.52, according to Coinmarketcap.
See related article: Waves community approves repayment plan for lending protocol Vires.Finance