Immutable X, a layer-2 scaling solution on Ethereum, has exploded onto the scene, with secondary non-fungible token (NFT) sales volume doubling in the past month as it expands into new partnerships and collaborations.
See related story: NFT startup Immutable valued at $2.5 billion in Temasek-led financing
- The Immutable X blockchain has exceeded US$100 million in historic sales volume, ranking eighth all-time, with over US$3.6 million and counting in June, according to CryptoSlam data.
- The Animoca Brands and Tencent-backed startup is becoming a popular platform for games and NFT projects, due to high trading speeds and low gas fees.
- Illuvium, an upcoming Ethereum-based role-playing game, announced that it has integrated with Immutable X to back its next-generation blockchain-based games.
- Between June 2 and June 6, Illuvium sold nearly US$3.3 million worth of digital land plots in secondary sales, accounting for the majority of Immutable X sales, according to CryptoSlam data.
- Immutable X has a GameStop marketplace in the works this year, as well as a partnership with gaming platform Kongregate.
See related story: Otherdeeds NFT sale puts Ethereum scalability in glaring spotlight