The beloved Pinkfong Baby Shark franchise is getting its own blockchain-based play-to-earn (P2E) game, set for a worldwide release in the first half of this year, South Korean developer CityLabs announced on Thursday.
- The Baby Shark Bubble Pong Friends game has been teased as a bubble-shooter puzzle game where players transact in cryptocurrencies and tokenize in-game characters and items into non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- CityLabs plans to issue the game’s token and list it on exchanges within the first quarter of this year.
- South Korea restricts the local release of P2E games due to possible encouragement of speculative behaviors.
- But local P2E game developers still hope to find success abroad, such as WeMade’s MIR4 on Steam.
- The Pinkfong Baby Shark sing-and-dance video currently holds the record for the highest number of views on YouTube, with more than 10.12 billion views.