EarnU, a play-to-earn crypto sports and esports prediction platform, has forayed into India, to target betting Indians looking to earn crypto rewards for correct predictions.
See related article: How sports and crypto are knocking it out of the park
- EarnU is a game that is free to play for BETU token holders.
- While elements of gambling may be observed on EarnU’s platform, the company has distanced itself from the correlation, arguing users cannot lose their BETU tokens.
- Betting and gambling are one of the earlier use cases of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin gambling platform Satoshi Dice’s microtransactions accounted for 80% of the Bitcoin network’s transactions for several months in 2012, 2015 research found.
- EarnU enters the Indian market just before cricket matches kick off on March 26 at the Indian Premier League.
See related article: Crypto exchanges diving into esports sponsorships to engage young digital natives