Binance has received regulatory approval in France, as the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange continues its global expansion and push for regulatory compliance.
See related article: Binance wants to play ball with regulators
- Binance has obtained a digital asset service provider (DASP) registration with France’s Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), the finance market watchdog said Wednesday.
- The registration will allow Binance to offer digital asset custody services and operate a trading platform for buying and selling cryptocurrencies in France.
- This is Binance’s first DASP approval from regulators in Europe, the company said Thursday.
- Changpeng Zhao, founder and CEO of Binance, shared a media interview on Twitter where he said Binance would make Paris its European hub following the approval.
- Binance has been on a major compliance drive, recently obtaining licenses in Dubai, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.
See related article: Binance hires former British regulator for compliance role