The Dogecoin community hoping for a price rally was disappointed on “Doge Day” as ApeCoin stole the spotlight with a 30% climb.
See related article: Will the dog have its day on Doge Day?
- DOGE investors were hoping to recreate last year’s success when DOGE rallied over 500% in the days leading to April 20, becoming the fifth-largest token in the world by market cap.
- DOGE actually lost a position in the crypto rankings since Wednesday, slipping behind Polkadot into 12th place.
- The APE ecosystem’s governance token ApeCoin was the largest gainer Thursday morning Asia time.
- Bored Ape Yacht Club members started generating social media buzz around ApeCoin-priced public land sales in the upcoming metaverse project “Otherside.”
- ApeCoin was trading at US$16.67 at press time, and Dogecoin was trading down 0.2% at US$0.1415.
See related article: Bored Apes creator to launch new metaverse ‘Otherside’