Bored Ape Yacht Club’s (BAYC) floor price surged to 106.5 ETH since the launch of ApeCoin, while its spin-off collection Mutant Ape Yacht Club’s (MAYC) floor price rose to 23.65 ETH at press time.
See related article: Bored Ape Yacht Club teams up with Animoca Brands to develop play-to-earn game
- The ApeCoin launch comes days after Yuga Labs acquired the IP rights to CryptoPunks and Meebits, but the BAYC creator is not behind the new token.
- ApeCoin is an ERC-20 governance and utility token which can be claimed by holders of BAYC and MAYC non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and is developed by the APE Foundation and ApeCoin DAO.
- ApeCoin claims that it will be used for gaming, culture and commerce.
- In less than 24 hours since the announcement, Animoca Brands’ play-to-earn (P2E) game Benji Bananas adopted the token.
- NFT marketplace nWayPlay also announced that it is developing a (P2E) game in collaboration with BAYC.
See related article: Metaverse NFT projects boom as Meta ignores blockchain