Amber Group has secured US$200 million in a funding round led by Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund Temasek, raising the cryptocurrency platform’s valuation to US$3 billion.
- Existing investors including Sequoia China, Pantera Capital, Tiger Global Management, Tru Arrow Partners, and Coinbase Ventures also participated in the funding.
- The fresh funds will be used for business expansion, strategic acquisitions, recruitment and for supporting sustainability initiatives.
- Amber Group reached the coveted unicorn status in June last year after closing a US$100 million Series B to up its valuation to US$1 billion.
- With over US$1 trillion in traded volume and over US$5 billion assets under management, Singapore-headquartered Amber Group caters to both institutional and consumer markets across more than 150 countries.
- Amber Group’s financing comes a month after the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the country’s central bank, clamped down on crypto advertisements and promotions.
See related story: Singapore central bank warns against crypto marketing, promotion