See related article: What decentralization can offer Web 3.0 and social media | Part 1
- The Brave Wallet can now be used to buy, sell and hold Solana-based cryptocurrencies.
- Users can also use the Brave’s wrapped Basic Attention Token (BAT) on Solana and other Ethereum and Ethereum Virtual Machine-compatible chains.
- Brave said it integrated the Solana blockchain for its low fees and high transaction speeds.
- Brave is equipped with Web3 features such as a built-in crypto wallet and pays users for viewing advertising material in BAT.
- Both SOL and BAT’s price remained largely unchanged following the announcement and were trading at US$49.64 and US$0.3946 respectively.
See related article: Why a decentralized metaverse is Web 3.0’s new frontier