Robinhood added four new cryptocurrencies to its platform on Tuesday, including Shiba Inu token (SHIB), a listing the memecoin community has pleaded for since its inception.
See related article: What is the real value of joke coins like Dogecoin and SHIB?
- SHIB gained 30% following the news and has slightly retraced its pump to trade at US$0.00002698, as of press time.
- More than 500,000 people had signed an online petition for the trading app to list SHIB since it was posted on Change.org last October.
- Robinhood also listed Solana’s SOL, Polygon’s MATIC and Compound’s COMP, all of which gained up to 7%.
- SOL was trading at US$103.10, MATIC at US$1.40, and COMP at US$130.01 at press time.
- Robinhood was at the center of the 2021 GameStop saga which brought the meme trading community WallStreetBets to the mainstream spotlight.
See related article: Robinhood, GameStop frenzy players face Congressional questioning