Ethereum’s price is expected to reach US$7,609 this year, although it is expected to end the year at around US$6,500, according to Australian fintech Finder’s panel of 33 crypto specialists.
- In the long term, the panel predicted that Ethereum’s price will reach US$10,810 by the end of 2025, and US$26,338 by the end of 2030 — 30% and 48% lower than the prediction in October last year.
- 79% of the panelists believe that Ethereum’s migration to a proof-of-stake model (PoS) would lead to an increase in price, but 11% believe it could drop Ethereum prices due to persisting high gas fees and scalability issues.
- Ether is the second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization and is the most popular blockchain for decentralized applications (dApps).
- Network congestion and scalability issues on Ethereum have allowed competitors such as Solana and Terra to provide alternative options for developers to build on.
- 52% of the panelists said it is time to buy Ethereum and 30% advised holding, but 19% said it’s time to liquidate.