See related article: Ethereum supply would have grown by 350,000 tokens under PoW
- The Ethereum founder replied to the query of The New York Times bestselling author of Soonish, Zach Weinersmith, who questioned the benefits of crypto over gold.
- Buterin responded that gold is “incredibly inconvenient,” and “difficult to use when transacting with untrusted parties.”
- He further argued that gold “doesn’t support safe storage options like multisig,” referring to multi-signature cryptocurrency wallets that require multiple parties to authorize a transaction.
- “At this point, gold has less adoption than crypto, so crypto is the better bet,” concluded Buterin.
- The cryptocurrency vs. gold battle is a heated debate among investors looking for the best safe haven asset.
- Ether gained over 21% on the week, trading at US$1,556 at 3:30 p.m. in Hong Kong, while gold lost 1.6% in the same period, trading at US$1,661.
See related article: Ethereum price undervalued since The Merge: report