Animoca Brands, a Hong Kong-based software and investment giant specializing in digital entertainment, non-fungible tokens (NFT) and Web3 games, released an interim financial update on Thursday to disclose US$3.4 billion in assets as of April 30.
See related article: Animoca founder says Asia is ‘moving on’ from FTX fiasco
- The blockchain firm holds US$194 million in cash and stablecoins reserves and US$566 million in liquid digital assets, including reserves of Sand, the utility token of The Sandbox metaverse platform, it said in a statement, citing its unaudited financial figures.
- It also has US$2.7 billion in off-balance sheet token reserves for all other majority-owned Web3 subsidiaries.
- Animoca has been a key player in NFT and blockchain-based gaming, with a portfolio of over 380 Web3 investments, including notable projects like Colossal, Axie Infinity, OpenSea, Dapper Labs and Yield Guild Games.
- The company has established itself as a leader in the industry, dedicated to advancing digital property rights and contributing to establishing what it calls an “open metaverse.”
- Animoca develops and publishes an extensive portfolio of products through its collaboration with renowned intellectual properties such as Disney, WWE, Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead and Power Rangers.
See related article: Forkast 500 NFT index edges up, Animoca Brands’ NFT collection leads in sales
(Forkast is a portfolio company of Animoca Brands)