Luxury Italian fashion house Prada announced a scheduled June 2 drop of its first independent non-fungible tokens (NFT), Timecapsule NFT, following its January NFT collaboration with Adidas.
See related article: How high fashion is waking up to blockchain’s possibilities
- First started in December 2019, Prada Timecapsule is a monthly online event where an exclusive physical item is made available at the fashion brand’s website on the first Thursday of every month.
- Ethereum-based Prada Timecapsule NFTs will be linked with the physical Timecapsule products which will be delivered to the NFT buyers.
- Prada is among a growing list of luxury brands to tie NFT items with physical products.
- Timecapsule holders earn chances to win more NFTs in the second phase, in addition to exclusive benefits, experiences and access to future drops.
- The June 2 Timecapsule NFT drop will feature a unique shirt designed by Prada in collaboration with artist Cassius Hirst, who used his mask and brain scan designs representing unity.
See related article: Vogue NFTs for humanitarian aid in Ukraine list on OpenSea