Untamed Planet has closed a Series A funding round led by Animoca Brands and built a partnership with Animoca’s video game arm nWay to create a natural world in the metaverse, Animoca said in a press release.
See related article: Need for Speed gets Hong Kong’s Animoca in driver’s seat
- The project, the Untamed Metaverse, will allow players to experience wild landscapes in the virtual world, participate in missions and collect NFT assets.
- Untamed Planet said it will use at least half of the project’s profits for conservation initiatives or local communities that support the same.
- Untamed Planet earlier launched its game of the same name in a LEGO version on the Roblox, an online game creation platform, and says it attracted 30 million players.
- The startup said it used proceeds from the game to fund the adoption of a Black Rhino calf in Kenya and support rangers protecting the Eastern Lowland Gorillas of Congo’s Virunga National Park.
- Untamed Planet says the project’s first NFT series will be based on Solana for energy conservation reasons.
- Untamed Planet’s homepage says that it will release the metaverse project’s white paper in June.
See related article: Hockenheimring racetrack joins Animoca Brands’ REVV ecosystem