Hong Kong-based Animoca Brands has acquired French racing game studio Eden Games, as Animoca expands its blockchain gaming business.
See related article: Animoca Brands halts services to Russians: report
- The acquisition is aimed at developing a series of new blockchain-based racing games, Animoca said.
- The US$16 million purchase comes after Animoca bought game developer Grease Monkey Games in February.
- Eden Games is known for racing titles such as Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed, F1 Mobile Racing, Gear.Club and Test Drive.
- Animoca’s blockchain game projects include REVV Racing, The Sandbox and F1 Delta Time, which ceased operations last month due to licensing issues.
- Animoca recently raised US$359 million in January, valuing it at US$5 billion.
See related article: Bored Ape Yacht Club teams up with Animoca Brands to develop play-to-earn game