With over 1 million vendors, unique non-fungible token (NFT) sellers on the Solana blockchain hit an all-time high in May, outpacing unique buyers, according to data tracker CryptoSlam.
See related article: Solana NFT sales drop by 21% after OpenSea integration
- From April to May, the number of unique sellers grew by almost 170%. There are now more than six sellers for every buyer on the platform.
- May marks the fifth consecutive month where CryptoSlam’s data tracked an increase in unique sellers.
- Ethereum continues to be the dominant blockchain for NFTs, accounting for US$720 billion worth of sales this month, while Solana tallied the second-highest volume at US$249 million.
- Total sales volume on Solana decreased 15% month-over-month, with prices on average hitting an all-time low.
- After a volatile week, the Solana token (SOL) was changing hands at around US$48 at the time of publishing.
See related article: Brave integrates Solana as part of browser’s Web3 push