Mad Lads, a Solana-based non-fungible token collection (NFT), generated over US$16.86 million in secondary sales in its first week since launch, according to CryptoSlam data.
See related article: Mad Lads briefly boosts Tensor’s NFT trading volume past Magic Eden
- Mad Lads recorded the highest NFT sales total across all blockchains. Bored Ape Yacht Club on Ethereum was the only other collection to top US$10 million in secondary sales over the past week with US$13.29 million.
- Mad Lads has been responsible for over 50% of total NFT sales on the Solana blockchain over the past week.
- Mad Lads, a collection of 10,000 unique profile picture NFTs, was minted on April 21 at 6.9 SOL (US$154) per token. Its floor price rose to 85 SOL at 10:30 p.m. in Hong Kong. Mad Lads is currently distributed between 3,580 holders, according to CryptoSlam data.
- Solana’s new top NFT set was created by Armani Ferrante and Tristan Yver, the co-founders of Web3 wallet Backpack.
- Last week, the collection’s public mint was delayed nearly 24 hours after Backpack received excessive process requests, resulting in a distributed denial of service attack.
- Mad Lads has received significant support and interest from the Solana NFT community. The blockchain recently lost two of its most popular NFT projects, y00ts and DeGods, to Polygon and Ethereum migrations.
- Despite the collection’s success, the Forkast SOL NFT Composite fell 4.83% in the past seven days.
See related article: Bitcoin’s mempool congestion eases after millionth Ordinals inscription