Cool Cats Group LLC, the Web3 company behind the cartoon feline-based NFT collection Cool Cats, announced Thursday that it had received a strategic investment and partnership from Animoca Brands, owner of the metaverse platform The Sandbox.
See related article: Asus launches NFT platform to plug into Web 3.0
- In a tweet, Cool Cats’ NFT project revealed to their over 200,000 followers that they are working to bring Cool Cats into new mediums of gaming and the open metaverse to build their digital assets’ utility and interoperability within The Sandbox.
- “We’re thrilled to work more closely with Animoca Brands and tap into their deep gaming expertise to open up new immersive experiences for the Cool Cats community,” said new Cool Cats Group CEO Stephen Teglas in a press release.
- Cool Cats is a collection of 9,999 randomly generated NFTs on the Ethereum blockchain. Launched on July 1, 2021, the group has already entered the top 20 NFT collections by market capitalization, according to data from CryptoSlam.
- Yehudah Petscher, an NFT relations strategist for CryptoSlam, told Forkast that with NFT sales dropping for the fifth consecutive month in September, investors are looking for digital collectables with more utility across the Web3 space.
- At the start of September, Cool Cats also announced a partnership with GAMEE, one of Animoca Brands’ subsidiaries, to build a virtual mobile gaming space.
See related article: Apes still rule among the bears: NFT market falls for fifth straight month