Forkast x CryptoSlam! are proud to present Moments in NFT History — an explainer video series hosted by Forkast’s Joel Flynn that gives you a front-row seat to history-in-the-making. NFTs are defining what an artistic piece is in the digital age by allowing artists to open brand new frontiers and pushing the boundaries to challenge […]
The embattled U.S. crypto lender wants to continue certain operations during the restructuring process but customers will have to wait for the Chapter 11 proceedings to address their claims.
Celsius files for bankruptcy despite having paid off millions in loans. Meanwhile, the crypto market sees green despite US inflation rates.
Fresh claims that emerged over the weekend about the status of Circle’s USDC reserves cast doubts on the ability of the so-called stablecoin to maintain its peg. In a deep dive, Forkast examined the allegations and reached out to the company for its version of events.
Did you know that artists received about 12% of the music industry’s 2017 revenue? The other 88% was swallowed by record labels, managers, and numerous other business intermediaries. Can blockchain decentralize the music industry and drive more artist empowerment? Find out in this Forkast video explainer. What you’ll learn: How non-fungible tokens (NFTs) can be […]
The ‘Merge’ will have a major impact on the Ethereum ecosystem and beyond, and getting it right is more important than speed, writes Kevin Loo of IDEG.
Top blockchain and crypto news: Payback time for Mt. Gox investors. USDC issuer strikes back as critics circle. Chinese bank fiasco hits a nerve.
A US Judge gave liquidators authority to lay claim to 3AC’s US-based assets. Meanwhile, Buterin defends Ethereum ahead of merge.
Bitcoin once again falls below the US$20,000 mark. Meanwhile, Celsius pays over US$113 million in debt and recovers more.
The failure of a crypto market player may have spillover effects on traditional finance such as short-term funding markets, says the Basel-based international body.
For central bank digital currencies to enhance cross-border payments, issuing institutions must take functionality into account to avoid unintended barriers, a joint report by three international financial bodies says.
Singapore wants to attract institutional capital while shielding its people from crypto — but it can’t have it both ways, writes Donovan Choy.
CoinFLEX’s deficit rises to US$84 million as it enters arbitration. Meanwhile, a report claims Celsius Network had lost over US$350 million in DeFi.
BTC remains a safe haven for investors for the long term amid this year’s soaring inflation and market volatility, writes Josef Tětek of SatoshiLabs.
Gains made by two of the world’s largest cryptocurrencies were partially eroded as speculation of a glut of Bitcoin from Mt. Gox’s customers and creditors and Celsius Network’s payback of its debt circulated over the weekend.
Investor confidence in stablecoins has plummeted since the Terra fiasco. Circle’s chief of finance assesses how they’re holding up amid a barrage of “FUD”.
In an exclusive interview with Forkast Editor-in-Chief Angie Lau, Circle Chief Financial Officer Jeremy Fox-Geen said reserves backing the so-called USDC stablecoin are ring-fenced from any potential fallout from the contagion engulfing crypto markets.
Players are being educated to turn into writers, content creators, streamers or e-sports players as earnings from play-to-earn games aren’t enough to substitute for a day job.
Bitcoin briefly returns to the US$22,000 mark. Meanwhile, InfraWatch PH calls for a ban on Binance in the Philippines.
Decentralized autonomous organizations are spinning off new ways to bring communities together. Will ecosystem DAOs be the wave of the future?
Forkast x CryptoSlam! are proud to present Moments in NFT History — an explainer video series hosted by Forkast’s Joel Flynn that gives you a front-row seat to history-in-the-making. CryptoPunks is one of the most popular NFTs. Some argue that it’s the collection that started the entire NFT movement. Watch and learn how these pixelated […]
Will fashion shows move from Paris and Tokyo catwalks to potential audiences of millions in the metaverse? China’s Xiaohongshu social media site is testing the idea.
SBF’s Alameda Research debt to Voyager emerges. Meanwhile, South Korea agrees to cooperate with the US on Terra-Luna investigation.
Crypto exchange Vauld is in buyout talks with Nexo. Meanwhile, other exchanges are in a fight against bankruptcy as Celsius pushes on despite short squeeze.
Bad mortgages once dragged the world into a financial crisis. Can smart contracts prevent the worst from happening again?