The Scottish distillery Thursday announced a limited edition buried-brewed whiskey Ardbeg Fon Fhòid (Gaelic for “under the turf”) will be released along with a non-fungible token (NFT).
See related article: Lamborghini’s last all-gas Aventador to be auctioned with NFT
- Ardbeg Fon Fhòid’s limited release of 456 bottles will be available for purchase on BlockBar.com.
- Purchasers have the option of trading the NFTs or displaying them in a virtual bar.
- Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH), whose first-quarter revenue grew 29%, owns the distillery.
- Luxury brands have embraced NFT technology as a digital means to represent ownership of verified items.
- Last December, Royal Salute issued its first NFT on BlockBar.
- Last October, 15 NFTs for 46-year-old Glenfiddich were snapped up in four seconds on BlockBar.
See related article: L’Dezen auctions physical and NFT earrings for owner and avatar