Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC) became the fifth non-fungible token (NFT) collection to cross US$1 billion in all-time sales on Wednesday, according to data from CryptoSlam.
See related article: Mutant Ape NFTs collect $140 million on OpenSea market
- Axie Infinity occupies the top spot in sales volume with over US$4 billion, followed by CryptoPunks, Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and Art Blocks.
- Launched in August 2021, MAYC is a collection of 20,000 NFTs created by exposing BAYC NFTs to a “mutant serum.”
- MAYC recently experienced an uptick in sales as it soared by more than 72% over the last seven days, fueled by creator Yuga Labs’ acquisition of rights to CryptoPunks and Meebits from Larva Labs.
- While the NFT market sales cooled down in recent days, CryptoPunks, Meebits, BAYC and MAYC all surged in sales volume since Yuga Labs’ acquisition, with Meebits surging by over 1,000% over seven days.
- NBA Top Shot, an NFT collection launched by Dapper Labs, is US$50 million in sales away from becoming the sixth NFT collection to join the US$1 billion club.
See related article: Bored Ape Yacht Club teams up with Animoca Brands to develop play-to-earn game