Philippines senator and boxing legend Manny Pacquiao is launching non-fungible token (NFT) project Pacman to commemorate his late Jack Russell Terrier.
See related article: Are PewDiePie, Manny Pacquiao and Spencer Dinwiddie riding the blockchain wave?
- The cartoonish boxer dog-themed NFT collection pays tribute to Pacquiao’s pet Pacman, who was accidentally run over by a car in 2020.
- The Pacman collection will consist of 9,999 algorithmically generated NFTs with visual and skill-based attributes like strength and stamina.
- The NFTs are divided into three tiers depending on their rarity and skill level, and holders can participate in blockchain game Pacman Boxing League to earn rewards.
- Pacman NFT holders can redeem signed merchandise, event tickets, or win a once-a-year chance to meet the 12-time world boxing champion, the project’s website states.
- The NFTs are scheduled for minting on July 15, but the blockchain to host the collection has yet to be announced.
- Pacquiao previously launched a licensed NFT project on the Ethernity chain in June 2021.
See related article: Manny Pacquiao launches esports team in midst of presidential campaign