OpenSea, the peer-to-peer non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace, has launched native support for the Avalanche blockchain, according to the platform’s verified Twitter account.
See related article: Warner Music taps OpenSea NFT marketplace to guide artists to Web3
- Starting on Oct.12, content creators on Avalanche can display, list, and trade their NFTs on the world’s largest NFT marketplace. Avalanche creators will also be able to set up their own creator fees by using OpenSea.
- The top Avalanche-native NFT collections by trading volume on OpenSea include Smol Joes, Rich Peon Poor Peon, Chikn, Smol Turds, and Smol Creeps.
- “On Avalanche, OpenSea users will benefit from the fastest time to finality for NFT trades,” according to Avalanche’s Medium announcement.
- After the announcement on Oct. 11, 24-hour NFT sales volume on Avalanche grew by 175%, according to data from Cryptoslam.
- “Avalanche’s NFT community has a unique identity and passion for experimenting with both the art and applications of NFTs, and creators here are still just scratching the surface,” said Dominic Carbonaro, Business Development Lead, NFTs and Arts at Ava Labs.
See related article: Opensea’s Solana beta begins; Binance bails out Sky Mavis