The Forkast 500 NFT Index dipped 1.25% to 4,235.97 in the 24 hours through 10:00 a.m. in Hong Kong on Thursday. The newly created index by Forkast.news data partner CryptoSlam is a proxy measure of the performance of the global non-fungible token (NFT) market based on 500 eligible smart contracts.
See related article: Bitcoin crashes through US$22,000 floor as failure of Silvergate crypto bank hits market
- Global NFT sales rose 7.93% to US$31.2 million, while the number of unique buyers shrank 6.47% to 70,854, according to data from CryptoSlam.
- Ethereum, the leading blockchain network for NFTs, saw sales gain 10% to US$24.8 million in the past 24 hours, with the number of total transactions increasing 22.23% to 103,077. The Forkast ETH NFT Composite – which measures the performance of Ethereum NFT market including 250 smart contracts – edged down 0.91% to 1,413.72.
- Sales of Solana, the second largest NFT blockchain, climbed 24% to US$3.8 million. NFT sales on the third largest Polygon network surged nearly 47% to US$832,386. The Forkast SOL NFT Composite — measuring the performance of the Solana NFT market and including 100 smart contracts — lost 2% to 1,185.94.
- Gitcoin Presents, an NFT collection linked to Ethereum creator Vitalik Buterin, had the largest sales in the past 24 hours, totaling US$4.22 million with 5,688 unique buyers since its open edition mint started last week.
- Ethereum-based Sewer Pass, an NFT collection issued by Yuga Labs, placed second on CryptoSlam with 24-hour sales soaring by 138.53% to US$1.15 million, with 160 transactions and 116 unique buyers.
- Genesis Dimensional Stones, an Ethereum-based in-game NFT collection for Web 3.0 game Dimensionals, came third with sales of US$1 million with 290 transactions and 221 unique buyers, after it started minting around midnight.
- Sorare, a gaming platform on Ethereum that allows users to trade NFT cards of sports players, had the highest number of NFT transactions with 16,560, despite falling 9.75%. The collection attracted 6,518 unique buyers, which also came in the highest in terms of the volume of unique buyers.
See related article: Ethereum validators win ‘short term’ as Blur, OpenSea rivalry drives up gas fees