Popular play-to-earn blockchain game Alien Worlds has launched its Alien Worlds Missions game on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC), according to a media statement.
- Alien Worlds is a decentralized finance (DeFi), non-fungible token (NFT) metaverse where players compete using unique digital items (NFTs), earn Trilium (TLM), the in-game currency, and travel on Alien World Missions to the planets. In the game, Trilium is required to control competing Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs), known as Planet DAOs.
- Blockchain play-to-earn gaming and NFTs have experienced phenomenal growth this year. According to on-chain smart contract activity tracked by DappRadar, Alien Worlds has about 11 million daily transactions by over 700,000 monthly active users. Axie Infinity, another popular blockchain game, has about 345,000 daily transactions by over 620,000 users.
See related article: What blockchain games like Alien Worlds say about life outside metaverses
- “The launch of the Alien Worlds Missions game on the BSC blockchain marks a historic time for the Alien Worlds community, further illustrating that ‘play to earn’ games can be highly engaging and create rewarding experiences for players, without relying on invisible, third-party advertisers, guiding and tracking their engagement,” said Saro McKenna, co-founder of Alien Worlds, in a statement.
- The launch was a culmination of Alien Worlds’ cross-chain efforts to build the metaverse across three blockchains — Ethereum, WAX and BSC, McKenna told Forkast.News in an email.
- Interest in gaming decentralized applications (dApps) on BSC increased exponentially in the third quarter of this year, with over 1,700% more unique active wallets (UAWs) interacting with games than in the previous quarter, according to DappRadar. In a bid to tap on the growing GameFi trend — the intersection of blockchain gaming and decentralized finance (DeFi) — the Binance NFT marketplace this week launched Initial Game Offerings (IGOs) for customers to invest in gaming NFTs projects at an early stage.
See related article: Binance Smart Chain one year on — from DeFi to NFTs and gaming