The 3,000 generative non-fungible token (NFT) collection featuring late rapper Christopher Wallace, better known as Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Smalls, sold out in about 10 minutes at marketplace OneOf.
See related article: China’s ‘Instagram’ gets into virtual fashion with users strutting NFT clothes
- Sky’s the Limit is an NFT profile picture collection that grants holders membership to the “Sky’s the Limit Collective.”
- Members unlock 80% voting rights on which artists, DJs and musicians can remix or sample Biggie’s iconic “Fulton Street Freestyle.”
- All licensing, sales, and streaming revenue from the use of Fulton Street Freestyle will be returned to the collective to invest in future plans, including music and NFT projects.
- Wallace, who died more than 25 years ago, is remembered as an icon in hip-hop and rap culture with over 21 million albums sold in the U.S., according to the Recording Industry Association of America.
- Owners of the late rapper’s NFT collection also receive benefits such as early access to The Brook Metaverse — a gamified virtual experience that takes users back in time to the streets of ’90s Brooklyn — scheduled for late 2022 launch.
See related article: NFT credit card in the works for top S. Korean crypto exchange