See related article: ‘All eyes are on it:’ CryptoPunks at center of copyright legal dispute
- Azuki traded the top spot with CryptoPunks several times on Friday, but currently trails CryptoPunks by less than US$500,000, as of press time.
- Azuki’s weekly performance wraps up an industry-leading 30-day period in which the collection’s sales volume increased by 473.95%.
- Azuki launched 10,000 NFTs on Jan. 12, selling out within minutes and generating more than US$300 million in sales in the first month.
- In 2021, the NFT market surged to become a US$41 billion industry, with CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club leading the pack in overall trading volumes, surpassing a billion dollars each.
- Azuki made a grand entrance into the arena this year and is already the eighth-highest selling NFT collection of all time on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Azuki’s floor price on the OpenSea NFT marketplace is 14.19 ETH (US$41,672) with some collectibles grabbed for over half a million dollars, according to CryptoSlam.
See related article: Why Asia is poised to be the next big market for an NFT boom