Hong Kong-based Animoca Brands, which invests in non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and metaverse projects, has invested over US$1.5 billion across more than 340 investments as of April 30, according to its unaudited financial results released on Monday.
See related article: Animoca Brands’ new Japan arm aims to connect fans in Web 3.0 world
- Between October 2021 and April 2022, Animoca Brands earned over US$721 million from token sales and NFT sales including secondary sales, with other non-blockchain activities, gains and losses from investment and digital asset holdings.
- Animoca’s digital asset reserves of US$211 million at the end of April, which consisted of USDC, USDT, BUSD, ETH and BTC, were more than double its cash balance of US$98 million.
- The total value of digital assets reserves, however, was US$4.2 billion at the end of April, which included Animoca Brands tokens like SAND, REVV, GMEE, and others not included in the balance sheet.
- In January 2022, Animoca Brands raised nearly US$360 million at a valuation of US$5 billion.
- The firm also opened a subsidiary in Japan with a seed investment of US$10 million in February.
See related article: Animoca Brands valued at US$5B after latest fundraise