The survey by one of the Big Four accounting firms found over 85% of U.S. merchants are prioritizing the enabling of cryptocurrency payments while around 83% are doing the same for stablecoins.
See related article: AMC rival Regal enables crypto payments for moviegoers
- The survey found that 87% of merchants believe accepting crypto payments can provide a competitive edge in the market.
- Around 93% of U.S. merchants that already accept cryptocurrencies have reported a positive impact on their businesses, from an increase in consumers to improvement in brand perception.
- While 26% of the retailers said they have already integrated cryptocurrencies, 39% said they plan to do so in the next 12 months.
- Most retailers expect a significant increase in interest for using digital currencies for payments and 75% aim to enable crypto and stablecoin payments over the next 24 months.
- Customer security of the payment platforms (43%), evolving regulatory landscape (37%), and crypto market instability (36%) are viewed as the main challenges to enabling crypto payments.
See related article: Mastercard partners with Bakkt to offer crypto payments