Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) will make its silver screen debut in a film trilogy produced in partnership with Coinbase, the Nasdaq-listed cryptocurrency exchange announced on Tuesday.
See related article: Apes Gone Wild! BAYC ‘selling like crazy’ amid otherwise sluggish NFT market
- The first film in the short animated trilogy entitled “The Degen Trilogy” will debut at NFT.NYC in June, which will be accessible on digital through the Coinbase wallet.
- BAYC holders can submit their NFTs to “audition” to be part of the film.
- Owners of Mutant Ape Yacht Club cannot apply for the BAYC trilogy as a separate film series is planned for the BAYC spinoff.
- Coinbase’s new entertainment arm will be producing the Yuga Labs-owned BAYC trilogy.
- BAYC is the third-largest NFT collection of all time, with US$1.7 billion worth of sales since launching in April 2021, with a current floor price of roughly 111 ETH, or US$331,113 at press time.
- BAYC is popping up in other media as well; Universal Music has begun purchasing BAYC NFTs to form a virtual band project while a BAYC-themed restaurant recently opened in Long Beach, California.
See related article: BAYC creator Yuga Labs raises valuation to $4B