Trading volume in Ukrainian crypto exchange Kuna has more than tripled by Friday since Russia invaded the Eastern European nation, according to CoinGecko data.
See related article: Bitcoin, crypto market tank as Putin declares war on Ukraine
- The 24-hour trading volume at Kuna was at around US$1.5 million on Thursday morning Asia time, but now sits just under US$5 million, as of press time.
- Bitcoin is currently trading at a 7% premium at the Ukrainian exchange, indicating local demand outpacing available supply since the attacks.
- Bitcoin is currently trading at US$41,554 at the Ukrainian exchange, US$2,821 higher than the global price of US$38,733.
- Bitcoin price jumped in Kuna overnight after Russian President Vladimir Putin declared a “special military operation” for the “demilitarization and de-Nazification of Ukraine.”
- The market is seeing some recovery on Friday after a steep Thursday selloff on the news of Russia’s military operation, as Terra leads the way with an 18% surge.
See related article: Why India’s Bitcoin premium is now higher than South Korea’s.