Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange FTX today announced that American football star Tom Brady and his supermodel wife, Gisele Bündchen, are taking equity stakes in it, in a multi-year partnership.
- As part of the partnership, Brady and Bündchen will receive crypto and serve respectively as an FTX ambassador and an environmental and social initiatives adviser, according to a company statement shared with Forkast.News.
- “The deal is also yet another example of the crypto and digital asset industry gaining further credibility and acceptance outside of crypto natives and those in finance,” FTX said in the statement.
- FTX was in the news last year for offering crypto futures that allowed traders to bet on which of the two U.S. Presidential candidates they thought would win.
- “It’s an incredibly exciting time in the crypto-world and Sam and the revolutionary FTX team continue to open my eyes to the endless possibilities,” said Brady in the statement, referring to FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried. “This particular opportunity showed us the importance of educating people about the power of crypto while simultaneously giving back to our communities and planet.”
- FTX has been on a sponsorship spree, from Major League Baseball to e-sports organization TSM and a 19-year, US$135 million deal for naming rights to the home arena of the National Basketball Association’s Miami Heat.