Tencent Cloud, the cloud computing services arm of the Chinese tech giant, on Tuesday, announced it signed a memorandum of understanding with Web 3.0 firm Strange Universe Technology to create and host virtual reality (VR) spaces for businesses.
See related article: Tencent Cloud continues blockchain expansion with two new platforms
- Strange Universe Technology provides businesses with 3D virtual sets for events and marketing.
- The company is headquartered in Singapore with offices in Shenzhen, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
- Tencent Cloud said in a statement it will provide its VR-related products and cloud services, including its real-time cloud rendering service, to Strange Universe’s virtual reality platform.
- In June, Tencent’s gaming department head reaffirmed the tech titan’s VR bet by announcing the establishment of an extended reality (XR) unit while doubling down on operating systems and VR hardware development for the next five years.
- Last November, Tencent CEO Pony Ma said that he believes the metaverse can elevate the company to new heights.
See related article: Tencent to establish gaming studio related to metaverse: report report