Software company Spexi has raised US$5.5 million in seed funding to create Spexigon, the world’s first crypto-powered fly-to-earn drone imagery platform based on the Flow blockchain, according to a press release on Tuesday.
See related article: X-to-Earn: Eat, sleep, do almost anything for pay in crypto
- Users can upload aerial images shot by drones to earn $SPEXI token rewards. These images will be available for use by the public and private sectors for decision-making, Spexi said in the release.
- Spexi aims to launch the platform in the spring of 2023.
- Blockchange Ventures led the financing round, with participation from Protocol Labs, founders of the Filecoin protocol and Dapper Labs.
- “When we started Spexi in 2017 our original goal was to use drones to image large areas of the Earth but the technology, regulations, and market were not ready,” said Spexi CEO Bill Lakeland. “Today, with big improvements in each of those areas, and with the addition of blockchain technology, we’re pushing forward in achieving our original goal.”
- Spexi provides landscape images and analysis services to the real estate, construction and mapping industries.
See related article: Run-to-earn protocol Stepn announces NFT project colab with Atlético de Madrid