Hong Kong-based digital asset trading platform OSL has started selling security tokens to institutional investors via a private placement, with the first purchasers including blockchain game company Animoca Brands, according to a press release on Tuesday.
See related article: Chinese logistics network plans US fundraise via tokenized offerings
- Each security token represents a US$10,000 bond with a fixed-rate coupon and a bonus coupon linked to Bitcoin price movements, valid for three months; the tokens are based on Ethereum.
- Institutional buyers also include Head & Shoulders Financial Group, China Fortune Financial Group Ltd., Volmart, and Monmonkey Group Asset Management.
- OSL obtained licenses for operating a virtual asset exchange from the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) in December 2020.
- In March, the Hong Kong Exchange said it will pilot its digital asset trading platform “Diamond” in 2022.
- Another Hong Kong-based digital asset service provider, Hash Key Group, received approval for virtual asset trading platform licenses from SFC in April this year.
See related article: Huobi applies for trading license with Hong Kong SFC