Naver Z, the operator of South Korea-based Zepeto metaverse, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Thai telecommunications and digital services provider True Corporation to grow Thailand’s metaverse ecosystem.
See related article: Naver’s Zepeto metaverse starts blockchain initiative with Solana
- Utilizing Zepeto as a platform, True will provide future-oriented, online-to-offline experience that can promote Thailand’s soft power in metaverse content creation.
- Specific business details on the partnership were not disclosed.
- Zepeto says it has millions of users and around 500,000 content creators on the platform in Thailand.
- It explains the platform’s K-pop content, such as collaboration with girl group Blackpink, help grow its popularity in Thailand.
- Naver Z, a subsidiary of South Korean internet giant Naver, recently reported over 20 million monthly average users (MAU), with more than 95% of users being millennials and generation Z from outside of Korea.
See related article: HYBE, Softbank invest big in Zepeto metaverse creator Naver Z