The Chinese University of Hong Kong and Ethereum software company ConsenSys today announced the launch of a Covid-19 digital health passport.
- The digital Covid-19 passport platform uses blockchain technology to record Covid test results, temperature checks and vaccinations.
- The platform facilitates limited and consented access to a patient’s health information while protecting personal data privacy.
- The platform was built using ConsenSys Quorum and Codefi Orchestrate, which leverage the Ethereum blockchain.
- Charles d’Haussy, ConsenSys’s managing director for APAC, told Forkast.News: “As per all health-related technologies, the program starts with a test period with hospital staff only, before expanding to other and larger groups later.
- “All-around efforts are needed to help fight covid. Blockchain technology is a perfect fit for mass collaboration of various systems and health records,” d’Haussy added.