Celsius Mining, a Bitcoin mining unit of cryptocurrency lender Celsius Network, is planning to go public, as the company doubles down on its mining business.
See related article: SEC scrutinizing crypto lending by Celsius, Gemini, Voyager: reports
- Celsius Mining said on Monday that it filed a Form S-1 draft registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- “The registration statement is expected to become effective after the SEC completes its review process, subject to market and other conditions,” the company said.
- The crypto firm’s move comes as it looks to fuel its mining business, with US$500 million investment announced in November to expand Bitcoin mining operations in North America.
- Celsius Network has come under increasing regulatory pressure, as the SEC started scrutinizing crypto firms’ practice of paying interest on crypto token deposits earlier this year.
- The company in April banned non-accredited and new investors from earning interest in its platform.
See related article: Bitcoin miner Griid set to go public via Adit EdTech merger