Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, has partnered France-based global payments giant Ingenico to offer in-store crypto payments in France using Binance Pay.
See related article: Weekly Market Wrap: Bitcoin rises above US$23,000 after its first weekly ‘death cross’
- Users will be able to pay using over 50 cryptocurrencies through Ingenico’s AXIUM terminals, according to the press release.
- The partnership will start by piloting the terminals at two merchants in Paris, one at a bar called Le Carlie and another at a clothing store named Miss Opéra.
- After the pilot, Ingenico plans to deploy its new crypto payments solution in other European countries where Binance is regulated.
- “One of the major advantages of this partnership is that it offers companies a new approach to the market. Their dominant position in the market and their innovative payment solutions allow us to accelerate our access to consumers, without having to create our own terminals or software,” wrote Jonathan Lim, head of Binance Card and Binance Pay.
- Ingenico is the world’s leading company in point-of-sale terminals, with over 40 million payment terminals deployed across 37 countries.
See related article: Centralized crypto exchanges are dying, so long live centralized crypto exchanges?