Andre Cronje, former Fantom Foundation technical adviser and Yearn.finance founder, resurfaced Monday after announcing his departure last month.
See related article: DeFi wizard Cronje’s departure sends TVL sinking
- In a “Crypto is dead. Long live Crypto” post, Cronje says regulations will protect cryptocurrencies.
- “It’s like a child trying to stick their finger into an electric outlet, you stop them, before they can learn why they shouldn’t,” he says. “One day they will understand, but not today.”
- A “crypto culture” of wealth, entitlement, enrichment, and ego has strangled the “crypto ethos” of self-sovereign rights, self-custody and self-empowerment, he adds.
- A new blockchain economy needs to be driven by trust, not trustlessness, Cronje says.
- “There is an irony in having come full circle, yet I find myself more excited than ever,” he says. “I won’t step foot into the badlands again, but I’m vastly excited about this new future.”
See related article: How decentralization is making everyone their own CEO