- The EQONEX rebrand brings together Diginex’s existing cryptocurrency exchange, custody platform, trading, over-the-counter, asset management and securitization businesses, and will include upcoming investment, borrowing and lending products, according to a statement.
- The rebrand follows the divestment last May of Diginex Solutions, an ESG blockchain solutions company, and the impending lapse of the license to use the Diginex brand at the end of June. “As we progress in our focus of delivering digital assets to a broad cross-section of clients, it is important for us to unify the key pieces under a single brand,” said Richard Byworth, EQONEX’s CEO, in a statement.
- The company says trading volumes on the EQONEX exchange have grown more than 50-fold since it went public last October, with the exchange achieving its strongest 24-hour volume day of US$26 million last week, and over US$4.6 billion in 30-day volume.
- In April, the company launched exchange token EQO, designed to promote volume on the exchange by rewarding customers for trading on it and holding their tokens. More utility for the EQO token is being planned, such as its use as collateral for derivative positions and yield farming.
- Diginex was the first cryptocurrency exchange to list on Nasdaq following a merger with special purpose acquisition company 8i Enterprises Acquisition Corp last September.