BIT Mining’s Ohio mining site has achieved about 50 megawatts of power capacity in the midst of its U.S. expansion, the crypto miner announced on Tuesday.
- BIT Mining’s Ohio data center will continue scaling for a planned capacity of up to 150 MW.
- The site currently conducts self-mining operations while hosting third-party miners.
- Hong Kong-headquartered BIT Mining is a New York Stock Exchange-listed crypto miner and was among those that moved operations out of China during a nationwide clampdown.
- Additional mining machine deployments to BIT Mining’s Kazakhstan business are expected, where its Bitcoin computing power topped 146.8 petahashes per second on Tuesday.
- The company booked a net loss of US$29.6 million in the third quarter of 2021, compared to a net loss of US$14.5 million for the second quarter and a net loss of US4.5 million for the third quarter of 2020, its latest quarterly report shows.