Prices of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, XRP and Solana rose on Tuesday afternoon in Asia.
- Bitcoin rose 0.77% in the past 24 hours as of 4 p.m. in Hong Kong to US$19,906.86. Ethereum saw bigger gains today after it maintained a steady 4.47% growth over the past seven days, rising 6.12% to US$1,658.68, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
- Other top 10 cryptocurrencies on CoinMarketCap also strengthened, with Solana rising 4.04%, XRP 2.51%, Cardano 3.19% and Polkadot 1.56%.
- Asian equity markets changed little today. The Shanghai Composite Index gained 1.36%, Tokyo’s Nikkei 225 Index 0.025% while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index fell 0.12%.
- TerraClassicUSD and Ethereum Classic remain the top gainers on the last day. TerraClassicUSD rose 44.42%, and Ethereum Classic rose 28.10%.
- Among smaller altcoins, Flux, the native token of the Web 3.0 ecosystem of the same name, rose 16.77%. Bitcoin Gold, a hard fork of Bitcoin Cash, gained 15.93%.
- Flux has grown by 31.34% in the last seven days, with some market participants attributing the rally to the Proof-of-Work Flux blockchain as an alternative for Ethereum, which will soon shift to a Proof-of-Stake model.
See related article: Why Ethereum PoW fork gains some crypto exchange backings